Thursday, October 22, 2009

This Morning's Drive

This Morning's Drive

Sometimes the beauty here stops me in my tracks
The trees are raining a delicate yellow spray of tiny lacy leaves
As I take my son to school
He is quiet and watchful as we drive through
this feathery 'car-wash'































Surprisingly, the geese remain, even in October
Grazing beside a pond
Red trees reflect across the water
Their hearts, a fire, bleeding out into the ripples






















I see this in just glimpses driving by
A woman on the sidewalk pushing a stroller
She wears a halo of sunshine
Now I've witnessed an apparition

The synchronicity of two cars changing lanes at exactly the same moment
One on the left, one on the right, merging to the center before me
Perfectly timed to the chords and melody on the radio
A dance performed for me alone

I want to pull over and applaud this day, to thank someone
I want to kiss someone's holy blessed momma! ; )



No comments:

Gray Sea

Gray Sea