Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Final Green Tomato Harvest


These little babies are the last of our 2009 Green Tomato Harvest.
We did not intend to have a Green Tomato Harvest...but with this year's weather conditions, and the Tomato Blight...we got tomatoes that would not ripen.
And we were lucky to have them. And thankful for them. We made the best of our Summer of Green Tomatoes by making tons of Green Tomato Salsa (also using chives from our garden).
I meant to fry up some green tomatoes, because I am from the South, after all. But I never got around to it.
I think I will make one last batch of salsa with these little babies, freeze it, and take it out in February or March when we are knee-deep in snow...and craving shoots of life, sprouts of green-ness, spicy heat on our tongues!

2 comments:

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

My mom used to make the best green tomato relish... I wonder if I have the recipe?

MaddyG said...

CatLadyLarew- If you find the recipe...please send it my way! Yum! ; )

Gray Sea

Gray Sea