I am honored that Catherine at The Vegan Good Life, (http://thevegangoodlife.blogspot.com/) has bestowed upon me a Kreativ Blogger Award! This is my first blog award, so it's pretty awesome to me. I don't blog with a particular focus, it's more of an ordinary rambling sort of cyber therapy, and a way to share photos and poems and projects and thoughts. I consider myself fortunate that anyone reads it at all...that means that I'm not alone...that there is some form of connection there. So to be recognized by a blogger I respect, in the company of other blogs that are meaningful, is a small victory to me.
7 things, without further ado:
1) I have trouble making up my mind with certitude on many issues. You may call that 'indecisive.' I consider it a positive trait- I am open to unfolding possibilities and ever-changing viewpoints. I do have some ground beneath my feet, however, but I'm willing to ponder whether that ground is solid or imaginary.
2) I had to look up the word 'certitude' just now, to make sure it exsists and that I spelled it correctly. And I'm not sure if I used it properly in that sentence anyway.
3) I am currently on a personal quest to try to keep my mind and spirit fresh and childlike. I challenge myself to learn new things, pick up skills, take myself out of my comfort zone, have adventures, experiment, and listen. Because I'm taking risks, it can be stressful and scary, and I often fail. But I'm enjoying the ride!
4) My son Noah (3), and I play Monster Games daily. They consist of me hiding behind a door or under the covers, and Noah stomping through the house chanting menacingly, "Fee fi fo fum...I smell the blood of an English mum!" When he finds me, I have to squeal and flee. Then he hides and I pretend that I don't know where he's hiding even though it's usually painfully obvious.
5) I'm very interested in homesteading, farming, becoming a pioneer lady. Yet, I am more drawn to the conveniences of urban life, the complexities of people, the rich diversity and cultural opportunities of the city.
6) I'm a Zumba-holic. Can't get enough of that booty-shaking and those life-affirming rhythms. In my mind, Zumba is gallantly fighting off the doldrums of an enduring winter.
7) I try very hard not to stalk my friends on Facebook...to no avail. I'm just so fascinated by people and this phenomenon of revealing bits and pieces, statuses, and I can't help but read between the lines and psychoanalyze everyone.
Now I pay it forward. Here are 7 blogs that I deem noteworthy.
1) The Crunchy Chicken at http://www.thecrunchychicken.com/ . Deanna puts the mental in environmental, for sure! And that results in irreverent greatness.
2) Jane, at Spain Daily, http://spaindaily.blogspot.com/ , inspires me with her photos and wit.
3) The lovely other-worldly-ness over at Isle Dance, http://isledance.blogspot.com/ .
4) Fantastic recipes by the Chubby Vegetarian, http://chubbyvegetarian.blogspot.com/ .
5) Ashley at Small Measure is awesome,
6) The Frugal Girl, Kristen, http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/, has much wisdom.
7) Heather over at Dooce, makes me laugh so hard, I had to include her. http://www.dooce.com/ .
These blogs have a great number of followers already. That's because they are pretty darn cool, and if you haven't checked them out yet- YOU SHOULD! And tell them Mad on a Gray Sea sent you...and they will not have a clue what you're talking about!