Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In the Throes and Thaws

Of course the snow's been falling.
What surprises me though, is the tiny little puny amounts.
I've been able to shovel the driveway in less than half and hour.
I can still go from Here to There with relative ease.
Native Syracusians are still wearing shorts.
I can open my front door without piles of snow falling in on me.
I can still feel my fingers and toes.

It's just been very pretty and not very devastating.



I don't want to tempt the wrath of the Snow Gods, but Syracuse does have it's reputation to worry about. We won the Golden Snowball last year (and the year before, and the year before that...and so on)  with our glorious 100+ inches of pure WINTERTIME. See http://www.goldensnowball.com/ if you think I'm making this up! But this year we are getting stomped by everyone but Albany.



Just lovely little cotton balls.
Without the teeth and peril, and fear of becoming the Donner party.
It's almost liveable.


No comments:

Gray Sea

Gray Sea