Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baked Cinnamon Applesauce




Michael's Uncle Paul gave Susan (my Mother-in-law) a bag of apples just picked from his tree. Since they are completely organic- no pesticides- there were occassional bite marks, or nicks here and there on the apple surfaces. Not as cosmetically appealing as the apples we pick up at Wegman's. But I've really developed an appreciation for apples now that I've been living in upstate NY for a few years. Apples are adorable and awesome. And varied in taste, size, color, personality, and use.

I decided to make applesauce with Paul's apples. And I decided to maked BAKED applesauce.


The apples have been peeled and cored and sectioned....why did I only recently discover the apple corer/slicer...oh my goodness...one of the best inventions...takes a humble apple and turns it into a gorgeous apple flower/sunburst...ready for one to pluck...juices squirting and all. Oh heavenly! And the apple peeler is pretty darn nifty too. Boy, do I digress. After the peeling, the so simple coring and slicing, I threw it all into a baking dish, sprinkled it with lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla. Into a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. During those 40 minutes, the house is filled with such an aroma of wholesomeness...and magically the house is transformed into a HOME!
You see, I've just recently become domesticated. So, I'm easily thrilled with the possibilities of making my own stuff...and feeding my husband and son delicious and nutritious yumminess.


Noah is a bit sick today...and nothing hits the spot...soothes the throat...adds balm to the soul...like applesauce. And lovingly homeade healing sauce...all the better. ; )


To the left here, is the finished product: Crustless Apple Pie!

No comments:

Gray Sea

Gray Sea